Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oil in the Gulf

Last night Daddy and Mommie watched the news on TV.  There were sad pictures of birds, fish and turtles covered in oil in the Gulf of Mexico.  I don't really understand everything that happened, but I feel so sorry for those animals.  I'm sure they are confused about why their home is covered in oil and doesn't smell or taste the same anymore.

I am so glad that my home is still clean and nice.  I know that I want to do everything I can to keep it that way.  Here are some things I can do to protect the place I live:
- When I see trash on the ground I can pick it up and thow it away in a trash can.
- And never throw trash on the ground myself!
- I can remember to turn off the water and lights when I don't really need them.
- I can help Mommie plant pretty flowers to make our yard look nice.
- I can put out seeds and water for the birds.

Can you think of other things you can do to keep your home nice and clean?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think...